Tuesday 28 January 2014

Obsession 5


In case you haven't noticed, I love to smile!! :D



One of my favourite photos from my baby albums is this one: 



But, if you poured through my photo album, I didn't always smile nor know how. 

After I got braces it took an incredibly long time to smile, especially through the horribly condescending meetings with the orthodontist and the fact that the wires meant that every time I laughed my lip got caught on the top. I had to pull my lip down over the brace just to close my mouth. 

There was a time in secondary school when I didn't smile much. I felt as though, being moody helped me fit in. Somehow I got to the equation that more people would speak to me if I was 'normal'. 

But after a while, I figured that my version of normal - which was smiling and laughing stupidly - made me happier. I didn't need to worry about infiltrating the 'cool' group or having a boyfriend. I smiled my days through, reminding myself to do it everyday and soon the cheesy show of teeth broke into  routine. 

The only tolerable type of pain is when you've been laughing too much and when you think you're going to be sick from laughing too much!



And with multiple mantras, including the words 'laugh', 'smile' and 'love', I have this very simple one to share: 

Just keep smiling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment