Tuesday 7 January 2014

Back to black



It is with great difficulty and a strong acquisition of knowledge that one may find himself in two countries at the same time.


And it may be the beauty of the flight that changes this improbability into reality. You find yourself duplicated in the lengthy dreams of the world which you have just left and musings on your new destination. You realise, furthermore, the solidification of your destination. It was once, a few minutes ago, a future imagining that suddenly bore meaning as it strengthened into colours; greens, blues, greys. Into viscosity and violent truth.

I know my family lives on in this shell of a country that, being once my reality, is now a future (and past) imagining. I can no longer touch where they are but know that the place in which they live, and themselves, is true simply because I was once there and keep it alive in my memory and expectation.

And so, I am in two places at once; the physicality of my being and the emotional transportation of my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment