Tuesday 14 January 2014

Obsession 3

"Hiiya, how're you? How's the kids?" is the kind of conversation I should be having with Papa John.

This one goes without saying. With an obsession with food and eating in general comes an appreciation of Italians and more over pasta and pizza!

My third biggest obsession is pizza!

ATTRACTIVE?!

I remember when I was in year 3, with the over-reaching and lucrative brain that tried to match itself with everyone else. It seems that, until 3 years ago, all I wanted to do was be 'normal' or, at least, a form of insanity accepted by all.

We had a task in the computer labs - when ICT was actually a fun subject that brewed many of the computer technicians and designers of the future - to write a small poster about ourselves.

How fun! It always seemed when we were younger that we were in love with ourselves. I certainly was at that age. We found our misshaped eyebrows a point to rave about and the fact that we had chocolate for breakfast was something that everyone "needed" to know.

So I set to typing, adding clipart and all!

What do I like? 

So, in between writing about how I liked animals, wanted to be a popstar and enjoyed when my mum went out to evening classes because dad would let us stay up later than was per usual, I managed to squeeze in that I liked eating pizza.

Where this came from I have no idea. At this point, I barely ate pizza, except sniffing it as I walked past the canteen with my cool bag full of fruit, yogurt and sandwiches which were subject to hefty scrutiny before consumption.

But (I think) I liked the idea. I envied the children who walked out to lunch play with orange stains at the sides of their mouths - a sure sign of a satisfying meal. I liked how they were still able to devour their lunch from the smell of their breaths and a small sniff of their hands and by a simple lick at the corners of their lips. If I wanted to re-taste my lunch, I'd have to burp. LOUDLY.

But somehow, having had little pizza experience, I suddenly; in Dubai, began to crave the stuff. I put in a request for a family Papa John's night when I went home this Christmas.

I'm hooked.

I fantasize over pizza. I replay the chefs I've seen in Domino's lathering soft dough in tomato puree, then dashing it with cheese amongst other toppings. I create slow-motion videos in my mind of mozzarella melting on a pizza base.

I love it hot, cold and dipped in garlic sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment