Monday 5 May 2014

Spreading Like Wild Fire!

It's funny where life puts you. How it puts you there and who it puts you with.

I remember, as a child, all I could ever dream of was being famous. I wanted to be a singer until I grew old enough to learn that my singing ability wasn't worthy of anything but calling together a pack of wolves. I changed. I wanted to be an actress.

Yes, I remember thinking. This is right. 

One of my first drama performances as a year 7 saw me rolling around the floor having created my own ghost story. I performed it, rather fearlessly, to the entire class having spent hours practicing in my bedroom. I like to think that I achieved great things with it. But every subsequent performance I EVER did at school was compared to that one performance. Nothing matched up. I couldn't top it.

I wasn't a singer. I wasn't an actress. And it took me a while to realise that fame was most probably more agro for me than it was worth. For a while I had an ache. I was, potentially, giving up a life of fame because I believed that I couldn't do it. I wanted to do something. But slowly settled away from hopes of fame to just being myself and sharing what I was capable of with others.

There are some of us in life who were meant for things like fame. Who have things worth sharing with everyone else and who have something so uniquely awe-inspiring that no-one can get enough. And there are some who aren't meant for fame but just for ourselves and others.

I've never had a particular genre of music I walk towards. Different things fit different situations. Ben Howard. Katy Perry. Imagine Dragons. Jessie J. Metallica (sometimes!) And in that sense music is an experiment.

'Flashfires' is one band that fits the bill and they are, most certainly, one of those collaborations designed for great things in the world of music. There's nothing about this photo which doesn't scream "we're going to make it!"



The band define themselves, rather uniquely, in the category of "Fire-Indie-Disco-Rock" and their debut single CIRCUS BOY is out today - available on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon and anywhere where music is the centre of life!!

Their music is fantastic and should be right up your street if you're a bit of a music extraordinaire and like things that are a little bit different. Indeed, if you're a fan of indie music or rock or even disco, why not combine them all and give Flashfires a try? Even if you're not into that kind of music, one listen can't hurt -----> Circus Boy by Flashfires- you know you want to :D

A review of their live set coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment