Tuesday 4 March 2014

It's not all bad!

Pancake day on my own definitely wasn't the best shout.

I love pancakes; granted. And seeing a perfect consistency of pancake and little hazel coloured dimpling on the surface is one of the best thrills in cooking. But pancake day isn't pancake day without the family.

It's a day that, like Christmas, Easter and birthdays, is symbolic. Where everyone is together and there are systems in place for eating. No one can break those codes. Deciding who gets the first pancake. Figuring out how far the mixture will stretch and therefore how many topping variations you can have.


That's what I missed. I don't have it in my budget to buy multiple syrups: maple, pancake, golden syrup, nutella, strawberry sauce, whipped cream. I had to keep it simple, using a wok that still smelt of my last stir-fry instead of a frying pan (which I do not have).

Nevertheless, 6 pancakes to myself sprinkled with sugar, honey and Sainsbury's own 'hazelnut and chocolate' spread in front of Modern Family wasn't a bad call!



HAAAAAPPPPYYYY PANCAKE DAY!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment