Sunday 16 March 2014

Give me all of you

The world works in mysterious ways. How a girl listening to a song can sync so beautifully with a scene she sees before her is absurd.

Yet, today, I was that girl. Sat in the remembrance garden once again on a suny Sunday eating orange segments and dribbling them down my pure white blouse. 

One of my favourite songs at the moment is "All of Me" by John Legend. The lyrics are so heart-warming. It's an absolutely beautiful song. 

There were 2 people crashed out in the sun on a park bench outside Marks and Spencer. Their dog joined them and slept silently at their feet. I couldn't quite work out if they might be homeless. The man, dressed in a thick coat, holding the lead of his staffie in one hand, was in the direct burn of the sun. His companion, a girl equally dressed (her coat being red) lay sprawled over his knee, half hanging off the bench. 

The man woke up as John Legend kicked in on my iPod. This man stroked his wife as John sung: "Give your all to me. I'll give my all to you."

Suddenly, in this perfect, inhuman harmony the song slotted perfectly into the scene. 

Maybe those 2 were homeless but they had a love that radiated out regardless. A love for one another that was perfect for John Legend's music video. It just shows that no matter what you've got, no matter what you haven't, no one is incapable of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment