Saturday 31 August 2013

The IKEA Haul

As University draws nearer and nearer, enlarging on the horizon, nerves are a reoccurring sensation.

But as every little thing I do to prepare sets in, nothing has hit me more than packing up my whole room and coordinating colours for my new one in University - a space that's going to be considerably smaller and will house my entire world for the year.  

This afternoon we took to IKEA - of course. (Who doesn't end up in IKEA when furnishing their home?) 
We went at 5:30pm - bad choice. If you're familiar with Dubai you'll know how lively the country becomes at night. It's almost part of the culture. No one really goes out until the sun sets. There's no worse place to be on a late weekend afternoon than IKEA. There are literally hundreds of couples and families browsing every section of the store. Finding what you need with a supermarket trolley is easier said than done. 

Nevertheless, 2 hours after we arrived, we'd bought most of the essentials; knives, scissors, a chopping board, a laundry basket, cutlery. Most things. 


It's amazing how much fun choosing essentials can be. 


I've decided upon a red and white theme for the bathroom - a colour scheme I've always always loved. I feel like a new home owner. I don't feel old enough to get picky over the colours in a bathroom!

While I'm an advocate of cheapness, I really enjoy choosing old fashioned and vintage decorations. 


This clock (though you can't see very well) is an original style clock - with two bells on top and a metal ringer to wake me up in the morning. 

So, it's fair to say that I'm really really happy with the afternoon's work - walking round with my little list whilst piling various items into the trolley, then removing them after having looked at the price! 

It's weird how by putting myself right in the centre of it all, I've taken the edge off my nerves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment