Friday 30 August 2013

Arboretum Restaurant, Al Qasr, Dubai

If there's anything that my family loves more than each other, it's quite possibly food. I know that in this fact we're not alone. 

To celebrate the results of my brother and I in our GCSEs and A Levels, my parents took the whole family out, last night, to Al Qasr in Madinat to the international buffet restaurant. It was ABSOLUTELY lovely. 


The scenery was really really beautiful! The Madinat is a really nice place to be at night and its one of my favourite places to go on a family evening out in the winter because the air is so much cooler. The whole area is lit with soft tree lights and it's so tranquil to hear the hum of the motor dhows as they run passengers up and down the clear blue river. It takes me to a carefree existence and back to the excitement of being a tourist. 


The actual restaurant was really beautiful with fake palm trees dotted around and lights flared around the tables. 


But it was the food, of course, that stole the show. I had to have a little piece of everything but what I enjoyed most was the rare cooked roasted beef and gorgeous crispy potatoes. The starters were delicious as well. Pasta, pizza, salad, sushi, olives, mixed beans, couscous and seasoned cauliflower. 

So after absolutely stuffing myself, it was time for pudding; ice-cream, cheesecake, mousse cake, lemon eclairs, passion fruit and lychee jelly. The works! And of course, no great buffet is complete without a chocolate fountain! 

Taste buds satisfied, pallette tingling, I'd say a job well done.



No comments:

Post a Comment