Saturday 24 August 2013

50 things you ought to know about me

I guess the best thing to do when you're in a new situation is introduce yourself. Well that's what everyone says, anyway.
So you start; 
"Hi I'm ... And what's your name? Oh really? I used to have a guinea pig with the same name...so..." 
Now what? 

I can see this conversation happening to me very often over the next few weeks as I move on to uni. So, I'd better have something to say. 

This is a sneaky little preview of some of the conversational gems I'll probably get round to using within the first few days. I guess I'd say you're lucky, but if you read most of these, I would quickly withdraw that statement. 

Anyhow, these are just a few things you ought to know about me :) 

Number one: I always thought I had straight hair until I was 16 when I realised it was curly 
Number two: I hate the theme song of the Titanic which is why I will not watch the film 
Number three: the only vehicle I ever want to drive is a moped even though I love classic cars because owning a car is too much responsibility for me 
Number four: I have a MASSIVE obsession with Holby City (a UK medical drama)
Number five: I love the smell of petrol 
Number six: my favourite chocolate bar is Crunchie 
Number seven: when I was 12, despite not being able to sing, I entered a school singing competition with three of my friends and was so embarrassed that I lip synced the words even when it was my solo
Number eight: in high school my favourite sport in PE was benchball
Number nine: when I was fourteen I used to pretend my rabbit was a kangaroo so that I could make a nature documentary about catching kangaroos in Australia
Number ten: I've said 'I love you' more times to my dog than my parents (sorry, guys) 
Number eleven: I used to play the violin 
Number twelve: I would secretly love to become a police women but I know I wouldn't get the job because I'm not scary enough and would probably be hiding round the block if I had to stop anything involving large groups of teenagers
Number thirteen: if I could travel back I time, I would live in 1920's England 
Number fourteen: I could eat prawn sandwiches and pizza for the rest of time 
Number fifteen: I used to swim for the county squad 
Number sixteen: I have never (touch wood) broken or fractured any bone in my body 
Number seventeen: I have only ever lived in four houses 
Number eighteen: I joined the knitting club in year 6
Number nineteen: I have a fetish with the British royal family 
Number twenty: I have written a novel called The Warden based on true events of patient abuse in hospital 
Number twenty one: my favourite dessert is Crème Brûlée 
Number twenty two: my dad says I'm an excellent con artist (which is true) - I once bought 2 dog bowls and a month later had convinced my dad to buy us a dog 
Number twenty three: I love car journeys (I could sit in a car for a whole year and never get bored) 
Number twenty four: I'd like to have 8 children when I'm older because I think big families are happy families ever since I watched Cheaper by the Dozen 
Number twenty five: I'm actually not too bad at spontaneous rapping 
Number twenty six: I LOVE baking 
Number twenty seven: I made myself hate clothes shopping when I was little because I wanted to be a zookeeper and thought that people who work in zoos don't go shopping 
Number twenty eight: my favourite animals are orang-utans
Number twenty nine: when I was 2, my mum and grandma lost me in Heathrow airport and only found me because I had wandered into another plane (just about as daring as I've ever been!)
Number thirty: I scare myself with the fantasies I invent which include falling off a cliff and being trapped in a locked car rolling down a hill 
Number thirty one: I'm petrified of death because I can't imagine what happens 
Number thirty two: I get really confused with sarcasm 
Number thirty three: when it snows in England I never want to be anywhere else 
Number thirty four: I'm rubbish on a night out because by 10pm I already have a headache 
Number thirty five: my feet only have to sniff a shoe and they have blisters all over them
Number thirty six: I bought my most recent pair of roller skates this Christmas aged 17
Number thirty seven: I hate exercise  
Number thirty eight: the only time I have been severely told off by a teacher was in year 2 when I was talking at the back of the class about octopuses 
Number thirty nine: I never liked the fact that I could read well in junior school because I was never picked to leave the class and read with the support teacher 
Number forty: after spending 2 weeks in the Indian Himilaya last summer, I came home adamant that I would convert to become Buddhist 
Number forty one: I'm very clumsy, once pulling the door shut by the inside so that I shut my fingers with the door in a kind of finger sandwich (just stupid!) I only realised what had happened when I found that I couldn't move because I seemed to be stuck to door (as unreal as it sounds, yes, this can happen)
Number forty two: when I walk into a book shop I always have to go out again and walk back in because I get so excited I feel sick (even now and I'm 18) 
Number forty three: my favourite shop in the world is The Works in the UK (a discount book shop) 
Number forty four: I've only ever been unconscious once when I tripped over my own shoe and smacked my head on the pavement in America and it was for about 5 seconds (typical me!)
Number forty five: one of my favourite books is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Number forty six: I have two middle names which makes my entire name 23 letters long 
Number forty seven: I used to go to my friend house when I was in reception class and eat strawberry lip gloss with her from a small container in her garage (I couldn't help it!) 
Number forty eight: I used to love the feeling of not being able to breathe and would constantly hold my breath until I felt like I was going to fall into myself (and I know that's not healthy!)
Number forty nine: when I was in junior school my favourite after school snack was a slice of white bread smothered with mayonnaise and dried garlic 
Number fifty: I'm an Aries 

So that's me and now you know! Weird? Maybe. Different? Definitely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment