Saturday 14 December 2013

Back in the Bubble

Exaggeration serves great purpose for embellishment. A lion with 4 million teeth suddenly seems a lot more scary. Trekking for 1,000 miles in a blizzard evokes more sympathy than the 10 kilometre walk on a frosty that you ACTUALLY took. 


But I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've never been more excited than I am right now.
They say you never know what you've got until its gone. And - applicable to everything - you never know who you love until you can no longer love them as you should have. 


I'm flying home and this trip has been so long anticipated that the fact that it's actually breaking into my scheme of reality is so ironically unreal. And I could not be more happy. 



Pulling up to uni to catch the coach from the bus station and being "one of those people" I see catching coaches home every week, having my flatmates hug me and say how excited they are for me, holding the ticket that's going to take me home. All this never seemed so special and overwhelming. 


If you'd have asked me a couple of weeks ago whether I was enjoying myself at uni, the answer would have been yes. I like my flatmates and I enjoy my course. But coming back to Dubai to an ABSOLUTE paradise, I can't believe I was once a fully-fledged part of, makes the whole experience so much more worthwhile!!


I'm so happy to be home :D 



But Christmas now, though I LOVE it, seems nearly irrelevant. Of course, there are the elements; the rounded men posing as Santa, the trees, the mince pies and the cheer. But all I really was striving for was making it to Dubai and now I'm here I feel complete. I needn't have presents, nor stuff myself with turkey or eat all of the chocolates from my advent calendar so I can catch up with my brothers. All I needed was to see them; to see my family, to feel the heat and dunk me feet in the pool!! Ahhhh...So help me when the time comes to go back to Uni!!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment