Wednesday 12 February 2014

Take me away!

I've never been a big car fan. That is - I've never researched them. I've always had a relative idea of what I want to drive - if I ever bother to take the test: a yellow beetle or an old-fashioned mini. And it seems nowadays that we are bombarded with adverts on TV for certain cars.

As far as I'm concerned, unless it looks like it came from the 1980's or has an inbuilt system for churning out free, hot, freshly made pizzas and Olly Murs on tap, a car is a car.

But no advert has struck me quite like this. I go as far to say that it's my favourite advert behind the Aldi one for garden peas!



Audi Quattro. 

I think that the voice over is a work of sensual art! It's fantastic and so applicable.

The weather in England hasn't been great - take that for a surprise! But I don't overly mind. Apart from days like today that have just. Kept. Coming.

One of my favourite lines from the advert is: "When there are four seasons in just one day." I don;t know why, but in that gorgeous voice over the overhead speaker, I can't get it out of my mind.

Forever and ever, it seems that we've been having spring, summer, autumn and winter as a collective. My days function a bit like this.

I wake up and save for a thin white layer of cloud the weather looks promising. So I skip the wholly hat, thermal gloves and rain coat in favour of one cardigan, a fabric coat and a pocket umbrella. I head out and it drizzles. Then it stops. Then the wind takes over and at this point the thunderous applaud of rain decides to return creating rivers and a wet haze that sprays in every direction. Then, as I make it through the wind and rain and cold with soaking wet feet and frizzled hair, the clouds disperse, the blue sky appears and the sun blinks innocently in the sky.

Four seasons in a day - that becoming more and more frequent!!

But, though I moan, I don't mind it. The more it happens, the more I get to hear that lovely voice of the man from the Quattro advert reminding me of the days when: "it's the wrong kind of snow".

Maybe you won't even like it as much as I've said but you've got to listen! Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment