Tuesday 16 September 2014

For the Love of Salad!

If you know me well, or are an avid reader of my blog, then you'll relaise that I hate salad. Nothing screams 'CAAAAAAARBS' more than a severe deficiency of bread in favour of bowls of leaves and cucumber.

Well, that was, I did hate salad but after creating my own 'special recipe', I've fallen in love.

I first got into salads having delivered them in my job. Goats' cheese, lentil and butternut squash is my lunch of choice, a new recipe of the company.

I can't really remember when or why I decided to make my own salad but I think it partly came from the fact that salad is 0 propoints on WeightWatchers. So here's what I do:


Of course, my salad isn't 100% healthy. It's got a bit of protein and a staple of life: cheese.

Wash a handful of spinach leaves and place in a bowl. Dice some large tomatoes and place on top of the spinach. Dice, finely, one yellow bell pepper and add to the bowl. Crumble around 40g feta cheese on top. Now, finely dice 2 rashers of smoked bacon. Add this to the bowl and toss everything together. Add 2 tsp dijon mustard and serve. 

I don't know why but I absolutely LOVE this! My favourite mouthful is the last one, where the feta becomes soft and coated with mustard then you pick up a little hint of everything. The smoked bacon is just beautiful and particularly scrumptious if it is slightly crispy.

If you fancy spicing your salads up, give this recipe a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment