Monday 28 July 2014

Fly Me To Anywhere But The Moon!

There are very few things that you can want when you unofficially convert to the Buddhist way of life, but I still allowed my burning hunger to visit Borneo to gnaw at my imagination. There was never a place that I could remember being more desperate to go. It was always Borneo.

Last year, we planned to go to Borneo but the dates of travel among other things, meant that it didn't work out. Though I was desperate to go that year, I realised that I was still young enough to realise that dream in the future - you're never too old to grab something if you really really want it. But, I was lucky enough to go this year with my family!

There are very few experiences that can compare to a trip of a life time and I'll have a hard time matching anything to this!

Words fail me, on this occasion. It's hard to relive an experience through words when you're so far away and looking out at a vast expanse of sand in 45 degree heat. So, I've decided to compile a few of my favourite photos.

Borneo: Top Right: Sandakan, Bottom Left: 'The White House', Bottom Right: Mount Kinabalu


The rainforest just provides everything!


SOME OF THE BEST PHOTOS I'VE EVER TAKEN - THE ORANGUTANS!! :D

Mount Kinabalu 8km trek! I was so glad to reach the end! 

The relax in Lombok! 

Malaysia: 

Sums it up quite nicely! Ahaha

KL Tower


I love places like this (^) for the simple pleasure of how much they creep me out! 

Hindu place of worship

China Town Night Market
And this ... 

It's my sole favourite photo of the entire trip! It was worth every moment that I spent waiting and dreaming as a child, just to see an orangutan look me in the eye! :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment