Thursday 12 June 2014

#100happymoments

You can probably almost predict what's coming. Yes, I have to (once more) admit that I'm not the greatest at keeping routine.

When I started my list of 50 things to do in summer, I wanted everything that I wrote to be achievable. There's nothing like reading a list of things to do that ask you to take a wee at the top of Mount Everest or become a celebrity overnight. And so, when I wrote "Begin your #100daysofhappiness" I was under the impression that it wasn't too hard.

But, like a true geek, I researched the movement and saw that so many people were dropping out of the challenge due to lack of motivation and ability to post every single day. I actually have a friend at the moment who has solidly managed to get through over half of the challenge ... and, he's still going!

"So," I thought in all my naivety. "It can't be that hard!"

So I started and came across a couple of problems. My camera wasn't great and so all the pictures came out grainy. I stayed in various places without access to internet within the first week. And sometimes I was just happy and I couldn't explain why.

I started once. And then I started again before something made me think differently.

"What if," I mused. "What if it was 100 moments of happiness."

Well, you might be thinking,  that takes away the difficulty. 

And, yes, you would be right. But isn't it so much more rewarding to document 100 moments that make you happy rather than desperately trying to find something that could make you happy on this one day because there are some days when 500 things will make you happy! Plus, it gives me a chance to see how quickly I can complete the challenge.

So here I go ...

Moment 1: Sunshine!!!

#100happymoments


No comments:

Post a Comment